Friday, August 20, 2010

Relaxation

I keep wearing myself down and getting sick. So lucky for me, this week was pretty much devoid of any wedding must-dos (besides thank you notes, of course!) and I have been able to relax a bit. At this point, I have very few to dos left. Even the checklist on theknot.com can't think of much to yell at me about. So I can just focus on getting un-sick.

My big wedding accomplishment of the week besides thank you notes has been beauty stuff. I set my hair and makeup trial appointments for September. My mom and I will head up to the Quiet Corner in a couple of weeks for a day of fun. I wouldn't want to go without her, since she'll be an objective set of eyes at those appointments. Especially because it is hard to pick vendors from across the state, having never used them before.

The biggest outstanding issue at this point is the boys' formalwear, an issue that isn't really "mine" although I keep worrying about it. D and one of his groomsman will hopefully resolve that tomorrow. Also, the whole issue of kids at our wedding will be addressed tonight in a meeting, and we will then re-work our ceremony this weekend. Stressful (yes, I tweaked my neck out BADLY again) but at least that drama is almost over.

I am excited for the weekend because D and I plan on breaking in the new waffle maker (my bro's "shower" gift, which he ordered us to use before the wedding) and I also want to make the "Navajo Peach Crumble" recipe my aunt sent me for my shower. With fresh peaches from the farmers market. Yum!

Also, my second dress fitting is tomorrow... hopefully the tailor won't turn me into a human pincushion again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment